Friday, March 23, 2012

Go Easy on Me Boss (My Heart is Breakin')

Go easy on my boss, my heart is breakin’
The woman that I’m lovin’ has been taken
The foundation of our union has been shaken
To my sad surprise it seems I’ve been forsaken

The foreman, he gets paid to make things happen
But why’s he have to wake me when I’m nappin’
‘Cause I ain’t worth a damn when I awaken
Go easy on me boss, my heart is breakin’…

Chorus:
Time is money, so I’ve heard it spoken
But money won’t hold back these tears I’m chokin’

Well I tried to cook a meal and burnt the bacon
I tried to frame a wall but it’s misshapen
I tried to call her bluff but she ain’t fakin’
Go easy on me boss, my heart is breakin’

Chorus 2:
Time is money, yes I’ve heard it spoken
But money don’t mean nothin’ when a poor boy’s heart gets broken

Well I tried to cook a meal and burnt the bacon
I punched the wall and now my hand is achin’
She said she’d stick around but was mistaken
Go easy on me boss… my heart is breakin’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home